Mini Soldering Iron
Mini Soldering Iron is a slender, lightweight, accurate temperature-control and rapid-heating(ambient temperature to 300℃ in 10 seconds) soldering iron with an OLED display, which will be an essential tool in your development kit. It also features its sleeping mode and over-heating notification. In addition, it is easy to assemble and ESD safe (through grounding clamp). The temperature range of this iron is 100 ~ 400 ℃(212 ~ 752 ℉), and It contain two integrated(with heater) and compact soldering tips for different circumstances. You can configuration your setting by USB micro type-B interface.
This page only show a quicker way and main information to get started. For detailed information, please refer to the manual included.
(For EU Edition)
(For US Edition)
- Accurate (temperature stability within ± 2%) temperature-control
- Slender, lightweight iron, no fatigue for long time working
- Rapid heating up for high efficiency
- Separate power adapter to be safer for personal safety
- Grounding clamp to be ESD-free
- USB micro type-B interface for customizable system setting and firmware update
- No manual calibration needed
- Swtichable temperature unit(℃ or ℉)
| USB interface
|| USB micro type-B
|| 33g(power adapter not accounted)
| Input voltage(for power adapter)
|| 100 ~ 240 V
| Temperature range
|| 100 ~ 400 ℃(212 ~ 752 ℉)
| Impedance from tips to ground
|| 2 Ω
| Temperatures stability
|| ± 2%
| Sleep mode temperature
|| 200℃(392℉), adjustable
| Mini Soldering Iron (main part)
| PCB soldering kit
| Soldering iron tip type-BC2
| Soldering iron tip type-B2
| Soldering iron holder
| PCB soldering kit
| DC5525 power adapter
| Earth clamps
| Hex key ( and tow backup screws)
Note: In this case we show you a general development environmental.
This section shows you how to basic operations with this soldering iron. For more details, please refer to manual included in the package.
- ①. Solder iron tip fixing screw
- ②. Button A
- ③. Button B
- ④. Set screw
- ⑤. Power port
- ⑥. Micro USB
- ⑦. DC5525 12-24V port
- ⑧. Solder iron tip connection port
- ⑨. Solder iron connection side
- ⑩. Solder iron heating element
Assemble the soldering iron
- Unscrew the tip setscrew, insert the solder tip into the connection port, and then tighten screw.
- Connect the ground wires with the ground set screw.
- Connect the DC connector to Mini Soldering Iron, plug the power cord and turn on the device accordingly.
Press buttons to adjust temperatures.
Press button A to enable temperatures-increasing, press button B to enable temperatures-decreasing.
- 1. Press button B in standby mode (no-heating state) to enter thermometer mode.
- 2. Press button B and button A simultaneously to enter thermometer mode. It will execute calibration operation automatically, no manual operation required.
- 3. After around 30 seconds, press and hold either button to exit calibration mode.
- 4 .The left figure shows that auto-calibration succeeds and right figure shows that auto-calibration fails. If auto-calibration fails, repeat previous steps again.
A little practice
You can take a quiz for soldering some LEDs and resistors on a leaf-like PCB board which is included in package.
- 1. Assemble a soldering iron with steps described above.
- 2. Soldering all four LEDs and four resistors on PCB board.
Note that you have align LEDs in right direction since LEDs is a bipolar components:
Note that you need to soldering a electronic component with following basic and fundamental steps:
- Paste a little solder on soldering spot, and then paste some solder on a certain spot on pins.
- Join the two spots together with soldering iron.
Copyright (c) 2008-2016 Seeed Development Limited (www.seeedstudio.com
This static html page was created from http://www.seeedstudio.com/wiki