Grove - Mini Track Ball
Grove - Mini Track ball will give an easy access to prototyping a practical motion-tracking function module for your applications. It has implanted 360° detection and click detection with high accuracy and quick response. With chip STM32F103C8T6 (datasheet) and AN48841B (datasheet) inside, you can turn plenty of your ideas into tangible things. It is also standardized with Grove interface which will save you a lot of work in the prototyping process.
- 360° and quick detection.
- Translucent click Button.
- Standardized with Grove interface.
- Powerful MCU for you to enrich your applications.
- Tracking module for a gamepad.
- Tracking module for a haptic controller.
- Tracking module for toys.
| Operating voltage
|| 3.3V~5.5V (typical at 5V)
| operating current
|| 28 mA (maximum operating current: 40 mA)
| operating temperature range
|| -25 ~ 75 ℃
| MCU frequency
|| 64 MHz
| Operating frequency
| Hall effect filed strength range
|| |0.5| ~ |8| mT
- Grove interface
- Connect main control board such as Seeeduino board with Grove - Mini Track Ball.
- MCU (STM32F103C8T6)
- Track ball
- Interface to control motions.
|Grove - Mini Track Ball
| Grove wire
Seeeduino * 1
Grove - Wire * 1
Tip: you may want to use Grove - Base shield v2 which will make connection work easy.
Refer to following guides to build an appropriate IDE:
Note that we have use Seeeduino in this case.
Getting Started on Windows
Getting Started on Mac OS X
Download sample code
- You can download a sample code.
- Decompress the downloaded ZIP file.
- Open the file Grove_-_Mini_Track_ball_test.ino
- Flash (or upload) your code into Seeeduino board. if uploading process is done, to open Serial Monitor window, Click Serial Monitor under menu Tool.
- Tip: make sure you have selected the right Board and Port on menu Tool.
- 5. LED indicator under tracking ball will light on in different mode which will last around 50 seconds
- 6. After that you can rotate or "click" the track ball to get information of its trace.
Schematic files in Eagle and PDF format.
Library file at Github.
Copyright (c) 2008-2016 Seeed Development Limited (www.seeedstudio.com
This static html page was created from http://www.seeedstudio.com/wiki