Download Arduino and install Arduino driver
Download the Arduino Environment
You can direct download the latest version from this page: http://arduino.cc/en/Main/Software, When the download finishes, unzip the downloaded file. Make sure to preserve the folder structure. Double-click the folder to open it. There should be a few files and sub-folders inside.
Connect Seeeduino to PC
Connect the Seeeduino board to your computer using the USB cable. The green power LED (labeled PWR) should go on.
Install the driver
Installing drivers for the Seeeduino with window7
- Plug in your board and wait for Windows to begin its driver installation process. After a few moments, the process will fail.
- Open the Device Manager by right clicking “My computer” and selecting control panel.
- Look under Ports (COM & LPT). You should see an open port named "USB Serial Port" Right click on the "USB Serial Port" and choose the "Update Driver Software" option.
- Next, choose the "Browse my computer for Driver software" option.
- Finally, select the driver file named "FTDI USB Drivers", located in the "Drivers" folder of the Arduino Software download.
Note: the FTDI USB Drivers are from Arduino. But when you install drivers for other Controllers, such as Xadow Main Board, Seeeduino Clio, Seeeduino Lite,
you need to download corresponding driver file and save it. And select the driver file you have downloaded.
- The below dialog boxes automatically appears if you have installed driver successfully.
- You can check that the drivers have been installed by opening the Windows Device Manager. Look for a "USB Serial Port" in the Ports section.
- You can also see the serial port in Arduino environment.
Installing drivers for the Seeeduino with window8
You should save these files which you are editing before installing driver with window8，because there will several power off during operating.
- Press “Windows Key” +”R”
- Enter shutdown.exe /r /o /f /t 00
- Click the "OK" button.
- System will restart to a "Choose an option" screen
- Select "Troubleshoot" from "Choose an option" screen
- Select "Advanced options" from "Troubleshoot" screen
- Select "Windows Startup Settings" from "Advanced options" screen
- Click "Restart" button
- System will restart to "Advanced Boot Options" screen
- Select "Disable Driver Signature Enforcement"
- Once the system starts, you can install the Arduino drivers as same as Windows
Installing drivers for the Seeeduino with Mac OS
- Download Driver for the Mac OS X version, named 2.2.18 (32bit)
- Open the driver file which you just download, and double click FTDIUSBSerialDriver_10_4_10_5_10_6_10_7.mpkg
- After double click, you will see an installer window.
- You can see the below dialog boxes if you have installed driver successfully.
Copyright (c) 2008-2016 Seeed Development Limited (www.seeedstudio.com
This static html page was created from http://www.seeedstudio.com/wiki