DIY Magic Mirror Assembled - Raw Kit Version
Who's the fairest of them all? Make your own Magic Mirror and find out. The Magic Mirror plays animations based on input from various sensors. Featuring four characters, each character responds to the sensor inputs with its own personality.
- Breathalyzer *
- Weather Forecast
- Stock Performance
- Doorbell mode with IP camera video feed
- Controls lights and appliances with X-10 control (requires optional X-10 CM17A dongle)
- Streams your favoriate Picasa Web Album
- Customizable with your own videos and sounds
- LED control (Indicator LEDs for the Breathalyzer or a flickering fake fire effect)
- Runs on the PC, Mac, and Linux
- Quick Setup program for non-technical users
- Advanced setup program for power users
- Software source code available (Adobe AIR Action Script 3.0) upon request with purchased kit
Not a professional breathalyzer and should be used for novelty purposes only.
It is the schematic, the circuit about Eagle resource like .pdf should linked here in order to avoid memory exhausted.
May include key specification and other specifications.
Pin definition and Rating
After receiving the magic mirror, please download the software from :http://diymagicmirror.com/install.html.
- [A] Sensor Pinout Cheat Sheet
- [B] Plug and Play Alcohol Sensor
- [C] Plug and Play Breathalyzer Switch
- [D] Screw Terminal Sensor Connections
- [E] CAT5E Cable Sensor Connections
- [F] Onboard Pot – Changes the Character
- [G] Proximity Sensor
- [H] Plug and Play Switch or Touch Sensor – Weather Forecast
- [I] Plug and Play Switch or Touch Sensor – Stock Performance
- [J] Plug and Play Switch or Touch Sensor – X10 On/Off Control
- [K] +5V and GND Out – Power for Sensors wired to Screw Terminals and/or CAT5E Cables
- [L] Connect Optional X-10 CM17A Here
- [M] External Pot – Changes the Character
- [N] Switches from the Internal Pot or External Pot
Includes important code snippet.
Demo code like :
The software registration code is included with this Kit.
Bill of Materials (BOM) /parts list
- Assembled Magic Mirror Shield with Seeeduino Atmega328 (pre-loaded with Firmata software)
- Magic Mirror Software with Registration Code
- Mini USB Cable
- 2 Cat5e Cables (T568B wiring)
- 5mm Blue LED
- Power Header Cable
- 10K Potentiometer Lug Pins (to be externally mounted)
- Hook Up Wire (24 Gauge)
- The PC (works great on a Netbook)
- Picture Frame
- Sensors Specific to your Installation, Supported Sensors http://diymagicmirror.com/sensors.html
- Two-Way Mirror (Optional)
- X-10 Modules (Optional)
Please list your question here:
If you have questions or other better design ideas, you can go to our forum or wish to discuss.
|| Initial public release
|| Nov 29, 2010
Bug Tracker is the place you can publish any bugs you think you might have found during use. Please write down what you have to say, your answers will help us improve our products.
The Additional Idea is the place to write your project ideas about this product, or other usages you've found. Or you can write them on Projects page.
How to buy
Click here to buy: http://www.seeedstudio.com/depot/diy-magic-mirror-assembled-raw-kit-version-p-628.html?cPath=138.
Other related products and resources.
This documentation is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License 3.0 Source code and libraries are licensed under GPL/LGPL, see source code files for details.
Links to external webpages which provide more application ideas, documents/datasheet or software libraries
Copyright (c) 2008-2016 Seeed Development Limited (www.seeedstudio.com
This static html page was created from http://www.seeedstudio.com/wiki