Breakout for LinkIt Smart 7688 v2.0
Breakout for LinkIt Smart 7688 v2.0 is a Grove port integrated expansion board for LinkItTM Smart 7688 development board. This breakout board will save a lot of work and makes prototyping easier through simplified wiring. It will assist a beginner to get started fast. It supports serial buses like I2C, UART. It comes with USB, Ethernet, and 3.5mm Audio ports.
|| Release date
|| Support status
| Breakout for LinkIt Smart 7688(v1.0)
|| November 2015
| Version 2.0
|| April 2016
- Support recording functionality
- For 3.5 mm phone connector (audio jack), it supports the protocol OMTP and CTIA. You can use either protocol by switching a switch. About how to switch protocol, we will describe it later.
- Grove interface makes wiring easier and allows expansions with Grove modules.
- USB host
- Audio Output
- Ethernet port
- IoT/Gateway Device.
- Smart multimedia devices
- Teaching and learning
| Input voltage
|| 5.0V(With USB Power port)
| Operating voltage
| Debug port
| Ethernet port
| USB type-A
| Headset port
| Note Debug pins, Ethernet pins and USB type-A host pins connect with MT7688, other pins connect with ATmega32U4.
- Grove interface
- Connect rich Grove interfaced functional modules. With this kind of ports, you never need jumper wire or soldering work, and you can make more powerful applications with those functional modules.
- To switch phone connector protocol between OMTP and CTIA
- In preceded figure, you can notice that there are six pins and two jumper caps on bottom-right corner. These pins are used to switch phone connector protocol. As you set tiny jumper(both) to left-four pin, protocol OMTP is used. As you set tiny jumper(both) to right-four pin (as preceded figure shows), protocol CTIA is used. As following figures show:
- Note that to use the recording functionality, you need to update on-board firmware to Breakout for LinkIt Smart 7688 firmware(above version v0.9.2).
- Note that we recommend you use external storage device, because the Write/Read speed of on-board flash memory is limited.
| Breakout for LinkIt Smart 7688 v2.0
- LinkIt Smart 7688 × 1
- USB cable (type A to micro type-B) × 2
- USB to Serial adapter × 1
- Jumper wires × 3
- Stereo (with 3.5 mm audio cable) × 1
- USB flash driver (with audio file of MP3 format inside) × 1
- 1. Refer here to connect your LinkIt Smart 7688 to Internet.
Note that you can plug jumper wires to MT7688 UART2 port instead soldering them to Pin 8, Pin 9 and Pin GND.
Note that in rare cases, you might not connect to Internet successfully, reboot the embedded OS.
- 2. Open a console with USB to Serial adapter.
- 3. Connect all parts like follows:
Note this is a figure of Breakout for LinkIt Smart 7688(v1.0).
- 4. Enter folder of USB by type cd /Media/USB-A1 in console.
- 5. Play music with utility Madplay(installed on OpenWRT) by typing madplay filename.mp3 into console.
- 6. Now you will hear the music.
Copyright (c) 2008-2016 Seeed Development Limited (www.seeedstudio.com
This static html page was created from http://www.seeedstudio.com/wiki